Staying Safe Together
We want to keep our members safe and protected while they use our facilities, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC and state authorities. We will continue reopening in phases and will gradually get back to our new normal.
Reopening Guidelines for Our Branches
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes to meet federal, state and local guidelines.
Effective March 24
We will update our guidelines again when there are additional changes. Thank you for your continued patience with our staff and your fellow members.
What Your Y Is Doing
Hours of Operation
- M-Th: 5:00am-9:00pm
- Friday: 5:00am-8:00pm
- Saturday: 7:00am-6:00pm
- Sunday: 1:00pm-6:00pm
Operational Guidelines & Important Information
- Members should only stay for 1 hour.
- Nationwide Members will be permitted to use YMCA of Easley, Pickens & Powdersville facilities.
- Guests will be permitted to visit the YMCA of Easley, Pickens & Powdersville.
- Guests MUST attend with a members.
- $10 per guest per visit (Ages 5+).
- Guest can visit 3 times per year.
- It may be helpful to know that, generally, our busiest times at the branches are Monday-Friday, 4:00-8:00pm. If you are able, please plan to attend outside of these hours. Our slowest times are generally Monday-Friday, 1:00-3:00pm.
- We will have dedicated staff disinfecting in addition to normal housekeeping staff.
- Childwatch will open June 1 with Limited Capacity at all branches
- First Come, First Served
- 1-Hour Time Limit
- Baby gates will be in place at the Childwatch door. Parents, please do not enter the Childwatch room and allow Childwatch staff to meet you at the gate.
- Hand sanitizer will be mandatory for children upon entry.
- Group Wellness classes (in-person) will resume with Limited Capacity – On-Demand Virtual classes will continue through Facebook during this time, however we will no longer offer FB LIVE classes.
- See the daily schedule of in-person Group Wellness classes at www.theYMCA.us/group-wellness
- Reservations required
- Reservations open the day before class
- To make a reservation, please visit www.theYMCA.us/reservations
- You may also make a reservation by calling the branch at:
- Easley YMCA – 855-9622
- Pickens YMCA – 878-8380
- Powdersville YMCA – 625-2060
- The Group Wellness Room will be available for member use during non-class times.
- Disinfect any equipment used and return to the designated area. Please do not return equipment to the storage location where you retrieved it.
- Personal Training is available with social distancing guidelines in place. Y Coaches will wear masks during training sessions.
- See the Pool Schedules for each branch HERE
- First Come, First Served
- 2-Hour Limit
- For Lap Swimming – One Swimmer Per Lane
- Showers are available only if necessary. If you are able to shower at home, please do so.
- Limit of One Member at a Time
- 15-Minute Time Limit
What should I bring with me?
- We recommend that you bring a mask, workout towel and filled water bottle. While masks are not required, we encourage you to wear one whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
What should I expect when I arrive?
- When you check in and receive a cleaning rag with a bottle of disinfectant. The bottle and rag are for your use only.
- When disinfecting, please spray the rag and wipe equipment before and after use. Never directly spray the equipment or lockers.
- Alternating pieces of cardio equipment will be closed. All strength pieces will be available, but please maintain at least a 6 foot social distance from others.
- When leaving, you will return your rag and bottle near the lobby. The bottle will be disinfected by staff and then ready for use again.
When will other areas reopen?
- The decision to reopen certain areas will be made on a weekly basis. We know our members are looking forward to resuming normal activities.
How You Can Do Your Part
Stay Home if Sick
- Members should stay home if they do not feel well or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, are encouraged to check with their doctor prior to returning to the Y.
Bring Personal Protective Equipment
- Wearing masks is recommended during non-exercise.
- Members are not required to wear personal protective equipment (masks and gloves). If a member wishes to wear masks or gloves, they will need to provide their own PPE.
Keep Your Distance
- Maintain minimum of 6 feet distance at all times.
- Exercise on designated equipment only.
Promote Cleanliness & Safety
- Wash hands regularly and thoroughly
- If you do cough or sneeze, please remember to cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
Please know that if you are visiting our YMCA branches, you are doing so at your own risk. The COVID-19 crisis is ongoing and you (and your children) are attending the branch and participating in activities at your own risk.