The LDI program is an intensive five week long program. Each week will focus on one of our five focus areas. The focus areas are as follows: Leadership Development, Values Development, Skills Development, Self-Awareness and Service to Others.
- Leadership Development - Learning and practicing techniques of positive leadership in group situations.
- Values Development - Clarifying personal and societal values through discussion and activities.
- Service to others - Assisting children at camp and also providing meaningful service to communities connected with the YMCA.
- Self-Awareness - Taking responsibility for planning and implementing projects and programs.
- Skills Development - The opportunity to train for certifications that will help with future employment.
Here are just some of the things our LDI's can look forward to:
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Completion of our InBody Analysis
- Daily Bible Studies
- Budgeting class and project
- Weekly guest speakers from numerous areas throughout our community
- Exclusive field trip for LDI's only
- College tour of Clemson University
- Completion of a service project to help our community
- Becoming a certified volunteer within our YMCA
In order for a participant to be accepted into the LDI Program they must complete the following:
- Submit online application
- Submit 1 letter of recommendation
- Must complete an interview with the Camp Director
- Attend mandatory training - date TBD.
LDI's are required to attend 20 out of the 25 days of the program. Once the program is complete the LDI will receive a certificate of completion and will be able to volunteer with the YMCA for the remainder of the summer. This means that there will be no additional cost for the LDI for the remaining five weeks of summer camp.