Red Cross Certified Lifeguard & CPR Training Course
Lifeguard Course includes Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification, CPR-Professional Rescuer Certification, 1st Aid and AED Certification.
Program fee includes all needed supplies
There is a $20 non-refundable fee if the pre-course is failed.
There is a $20 non-refundable fee if you cancel after the pre-course.
If the participant does not pass the course, a refund will not be issued nor will there be discounts for another course.
Participation Requirements & Additional Information
- 8 to 10 hours of online training are required before attending the class.
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Must swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Must tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Must complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a 2 year American Red Cross lifeguarding and first aid certification. The participant will also receive a 2 year American Red Cross CPR and AED for lifeguard certification.
- There is a minimum of 4 participants required to hold a class.